From Shopify Wiki
UPS is a popular worldwide shipping company. If you are a customer of UPS you can use their service to calculate shipping rates for you automatically instead of manually enering shipping rates in Shopify.
Please note that this does not work for Google Checkout based checkouts.
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a $42.6 billion corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today UPS, or United Parcel Service Inc., is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. As the largest express carrier and package delivery company in the world, we are also a leading provider of specialized transportation, logistics, capital, and e-commerce services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
We are currently working with UPS to streamline the setup process. In the meantime, the following instructions can be used.
You need two things to use UPS rate calculations within shopify: A UPS account and a XML Key. You can sign up for a UPS account at www.ups.com. Once you have your account you can apply for an XML Key.
First select Technology Support from the Support menu and then follow to the next step:
Select Developer Resource Center from the Technology Support Menu:
Select UPS Developer Kit from the Developer Resource Center Menu:
Select Request an Access Key:
Click the Request Access Key Button:
Verify that you are in production mode for Package Rating (highlighted in orange here):
Once you've requested an Access Key it can be entered along with your UserID and Password in your store under Preferences > Shipping:
Here are the step by step instructions we received from UPS technical support.
To get started, you will need to first register specifically for UPS OnLine Tools. After you have received your Developer’s Key, you can request your Access Key. If you have already registered for My UPS.com, go to step 5 after you have logged in with your user ID and password.
- NOTE** If you are having problems requesting your access key please try this link instead: https://www.ups.com/upsdeveloperkit?loc=en_US
1. Browse to http://www.ups.com/onlinetools.
2. Click on the [Register] button, located to the right of the screen.
3. In the “Complete Information for My UPS Registration” box , enter your name, e-mail, user ID and password. Click on [Next].
4. Complete the "UPS Registration" window, then click on the [Next] button.
5. Once registered for My UPS, click on the [Business Solutions] tab.
6. Under the “Most Popular Solutions” section, click on [UPS OnLine Tools].
7. On the “UPS OnLine Tools” page, click on [Get OnLine Tools].
8. In the gray box for “Standard Tools,” select the desired tool.
9. Enter and verify your information and then click on the [Submit] button.
10. In the gray box on the next web page, you will be given your registration confirmation. Your Developer’s Key will be e-mailed to you in just a few moments, so leave this screen open and monitor your e-mail until you receive the Developer’s Key.
11. Once you receive the Developer’s Key via e-mail, copy it , go back to the UPS OnLine Tools web site, and click on the tool that most applies to you.
12. On the next web page, click on the [Download] link next to the version of the tool (XML or HTML) you want. After you have downloaded the documentation, you can click on [Get Access Key] on the right side of the screen.
13. Select the type of Access Key you desire, “XML” or “HTML.”
14. Enter your Developer’s Key and click on [Submit].
15. Verify that all the information in the bold type fields is accurate and complete on the “Provide Additional Information” page and click on [Submit].
16. Your Access Key will appear on the screen. It will also be sent to the default e-mail address in your UPS.com profile.